Mod 1 test is the off-road module. It generally takes around 20 minutes to complete.
What happens during mod 1?
Mod 1 includes the following manoeuvres:
There is a minimum speed requirement of around 32 miles per hour (50 kilometres per hour) for the hazard avoidance and emergency stop exercises. There is no minimum speed requirement for the first cornering and controlled stop exercise.
- wheeling the moped or motorcycle and using the stand
- doing a slalom and figure of eight
- a slow ride
- cornering and controlled stop
- cornering and the emergency stop
- cornering and hazard avoidance
Motorcycle manoeuvring area
Module one takes place in a safe off-road area called a motorcycle manoeuvring area. The layout of the area will vary depending on where you take your test.
For a printable plan of the Module 1 test course, click this link. Module 1 test pdf: